Tuesday 20 July 2010

Apricot surprise

ok... so it's been some time. But it's been toooooooooooo hot even for me to sit behind my computer and even think about food (which, of course, I did) yet alone make some (which, also... well...)! Anyways... some days I wasn't cooking, because it made me so tired just to make me those three cups of coffee and we just ate salads and sandwiches or similar...

But today it's a bit different and I made this amazing apricot tartlets... simple (pastry excluded...) but great... I loved shooting it before serving :)

So... I used simple short pastry (slo. krhko testo) made of plain flour (250 g), butter (125 g), 1/2 bag baking powder and three or four spoons of water. I strongly advise you to melt the butter and cool it down a bit, otherwise you will give up before anything gets done! Trust me... it took me some time to figure it out :-/
Then you just roll the dough and make circles (with a glass or cup) for each of 12 holes (I use 12-hole baking tray for muffins).



Since I wasn't making upper parts of the tartlets and just used crumbles I had some dough left over and I made two more in separate little pie dishes.
Now fill each dough-set hole with the following mixture: 6-8 ripe apricots (chopped), spoonful of brown sugar or honey, cinnamon (as much as you like), and 2-3 tbs of cream. mix all ingredients together and fill in the holes. Now to the rest of the dough add a spoon of flour and rub between your hands until you get all the dough into little crumble which you then spread over each tartlet. And your done!

Don't forget to preheat the oven to 180°C and bake until golden yellow.

You can eat them hot, or when cooled. In the photos I added some ice-cream - choose vanilla or some other neutral taste or apricot to go along with the fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment