Tuesday 1 June 2010

Pizza!

Today my cooking skills were again put to test... Again? you might say, but yesterday I was making tenderloin for the first time and it went extremely well. Even I liked it, even though I don't eat pork :D but more about it tomorrow...

So today it was pizza day! I tested the dough before one or two times, and again I can only say the recipe is amazing. I got it from the book 'Osnovna italijanska kuharija' (original title is Italian Basics by Cornelia Schinharl and Sebastian Dickhaut). Originally in German it's been translated to English (under title Basic Italian: Everything You Need to Live the Dolce Vita at Home) and in Slovene (published by ValeNovak) however it's sold out in Slovene :-/ But if you manage to get it, I strongly recommend it to all who like Italian food and la dolce vita in general :)

So here it goes: originally recipe is for 1 large or two smaller baking trays or for three people :D but I agree, it depends on what you put on.
So keep this in mind. Today I only took 2/3 of each ingredient and it was more than enough for two hungry :) (I put these quantities in brackets):
300 g (200 g) flour, 4 (3) spoons of olive oil, 21 g (14 g) of fresh yeast.
And that's basically it. You make the dough (dissolve yeast in 1 dL of warm water and pour in the flour and add oil) and leave it rise for 30-45 minutes. In between you prepare all the ingredients that you want to put on the dough... tomato sauce (I only use tomato squash or fresh tomatoes), grated cheese, ham, bacon, sweet corn, olives, sour cream, capers,... I had some shrimps left and I put those on a smaller pizza (I love them - pizzas - to be round so I had to use two trays :))


Heat the oven to 200°C and bake for about 20-25 minutes, depends on how big the pizza is and how much you put on :D

No comments:

Post a Comment