Friday 18 June 2010

Prosciutto, olives and capers pasta


Hi again! Sorry for having a pause for some time, but I have been trying and testing and mixing and matching and taking photos of course!

Yesterday I made a very fast, easy and nutritional pasta. Recipe is here.
I took about 6-7 slices of prosciutto and sliced them to small pieces - if you have children helping you out with your cooking, let them do it (WITHOUT the knife of course!! just let them tear the slices into small pieces :)
I chopped the olives - you can either use filled (usually tomato paste filled) or natural. I cooked about 180 g (for two) pasta - I took Barilla tagliatelle.

Put some olive oil into the pan, use a deeper one, since you'll be adding pasta later on. Heat the oil and put the prosciutto in stir for a few minutes and add the olives. They will release the juice and make the prosciutto taste less dry. Now add the cooked pasta, four spoonfulls of sour cream, capers, a pinch of salt. Stir well. Just before you finish add some grated cheese (I had some left and it makes the whole thing more mooshy :) ) and a few fresh leaves of basil (our balcony garden is bursting right now, so I had to boast myself a bit with adding basil to the mix) ;)
And that's it!!

You'll love it. And If you're not so into sour cream, you can use ordinary cream instead, or just leave it out - though, leaving the cream out my leave you with a bit dry pasta, so try adding tomatoes or some lemon juice.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment